We use a maximum strength peel for rapid lightening to reduce melasma on all skin types including black skin.
We choose products depending on your skin type and medical history, the peels will be either ferulic or TCA, which induce a quick depigmentation action.
The peel works by inhibiting melanin in the skin. It physically peels the skin layers and regenerates the skin. It significantly reduces the abnormal, dark, blotchy, discoloured patches on the skin. Melasma is caused by hormones usually, so is not something that can be fully treated, only managed, to minimise the pigmentation.
During your consultation with us we can determine if you have melasma or another form of pigmentation.
You may have been diagnosed by your doctor also to be sure of the cause of your pigmentation. The treatment is suitable for anyone of any skin colour that has melasma, unless any of the following apply;
• You should not have the treatment if you will continue to have excessive sun exposure.
• You are not suitable if you have very thin sensitive skin.
• You have had any type of recent facial surgical procedure – you will have to wait up to 6 months until all the scars have healed.
• You have to wait 14 days prior to Dermal Fillers.
• You are Pregnant or Breastfeeding.
• Have to wait 2 weeks after waxing your face or after use of depilatory creams
• Have to wait 4 weeks after Laser Hair Removal treatment.
• You have to stop using Glycolic acid and Retin A one week before the peel.
• You cannot have a glycolic peel one week before the treatment.
• Avoid using self-tanners, scrubs or exfoliating agents 48 hours before treatment – you have to wait one week after a Microdermabrasion treatment.
At a glance
Dependent on Treatment Area
Discussed at Consultation
Reduced Melasma & Pigmentation
Frequently asked questions
What Is The Procedure For Melasma Treatmentl?
Once a skin analysis has been performed to confirm we are treating melasma, we will then cleanse the skin and apply the solutions customised for your skin type. Treatment time is 60 minutes. The application of the products is painless. The treatment is finished with an application of SPF.
What Happens After A Melasma Treatment?
Your skin may be sensitive and dry or peeling after the treatment. Homecare products are available to relieve any dryness. We recommend a course of 6, on a monthly basis, for best longlasting results.
From £ 950